This plugin replaces Redmine rake task to check mails.
bundle exec rake redmine:email:receive_imap to check your mails leads to high memory consumption : Redmine is loaded twice, once for your webserver and once for the cron task.
This is not very efficient : for VPS with small memory size this can lead to memory saturation and the intervention of the OOM Killer who will kill the job.
This plugin is compatible with Redmine versions > 2.4.x.
1) Install this plugin with git clone
redmine$ cd REDMINE_ROOT/plugins redmine$ git clone https://github.com/jbox-web/redmine_mail_checker.git redmine$ cd redmine_mail_checker/ redmine$ git checkout 1.0.0
No need of db:migrate or bundle update, just restart Redmine.
2) Enable WS for mail reception (in Administration -> Settings -> Incoming emails) and generate an API key.
3) Configure your mailbox settings (in Administration -> Plugins -> Configure)
4) Then configure your crontab to call a specific url to trigger mailbox check instead of
bundle exec rake redmine:email:receive_imap
You can contribute to this plugin in many ways such as :
- Helping with documentation
- Contributing code (features or bugfixes)
- Reporting a bug
- Submitting translations